The hills are alive!

I finally saw a West End production again this week - of course, it was 'The Sound of Music'. Although I've seen some productions in my local theatres this year, it's been some time since I've been to a West End show - and this reminded me why I should go more frequently! Sound of Music was one of the very first musicals I saw as a child, and I still love it so many years later. Although I know most of the lyrics to the songs, I did manage to restrain myself from singing along - I had warned my friends beforehand just in case I didn't... We used to sing many of the songs at home as I was growing up - as my middle name is Maria my brothers specifically enjoyed singing 'What shall we do about Maria'...!

We had a bit of spare time before the show and spent it wandering down Oxford Street, enjoying the Christmas lights - yes, they're already on. All in all a very enjoyable evening and a welcome break from reality.

No comments: